Hello again, flashionistas, and welcome to Microcosms 162.
(1) You have just 24 hours until midnight, today (Friday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
15-FEB is the last day of Go Green Week, highlighting climate change and promoting greener alternatives.
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Eco Warrior; Rainforest; Romance
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Snow Plough Driver
- Climate Change Denier
- Solar Panel Installer
- Eco Warrior
- Plastic Alternatives Laboratory
- Recycling Centre
- Wind Farm
- Climate Change Conference
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Tim Hayes, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.