Greetings, flash fictionistas, and welcome to Microcosms 171.
(1) You have just 48 hours until midnight, tomorrow (Saturday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
We have some surprises coming up, so stay tuned. It was exactly 50 years ago today (can it be?) that “Scooby Doo, Where Are You!” first appeared on television. It’s one of my all-time fave cartoons, and I love almost every iteration of it! On such a momentous anniversary, I thought it would be fun to use the show (and especially some of its classic episodes) for inspiration. Just remember Rule #3 above. Enjoy! 🙂
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location/setting, and genre/style.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Stoner; Ghost Ship; Comedy
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Teenage Sleuth(s)
- Talking Dog
- Popular Girl
- Ghost Captain
- Ghost Clown
- Evil CEO
- Unmasked Villain
- 1960s Van
- Spooky Location
- Ghost Ship
- Haunted House
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Dana Faletti, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.