Greetings, my flash fictioneering friends, and welcome to Microcosms 170.
(1) You have just 48 hours until midnight, tomorrow (Saturday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
History again brings us some interesting options.
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location/setting, and genre/style.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Vampire; Cable Car/Train; Romance
Ooh, let’s see what you’ve got!
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Blended Family
- North Pole
- Cable Car/Train
- Bowling Alley
- Ancient Tomb
- Nuclear Testing
- Beauty Pageant
- Charity Event
- Song Lyrics
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Ellen Grace, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.