It’s Friday: flash fiction aficionados’ favourite day of the week … or at least in their top seven! Welcome to Microcosms 146.
26-OCT is the anniversary of the birth in 1973 of Seth MacFarlane, American voice actor, singer, director, producer, and screenwriter.
He is the creator of the animated series ‘Family Guy’ in which he plays a vast array of characters, including:
- Peter Griffin
- Brian Griffin
- Stewie Griffin
- Glenn Quagmire
- Carter Pewterschmidt
- Tom Tucker
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Child Prodigy; Time Machine; Drama
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Shipping Clerk
- Child Prodigy
- Airline Pilot
- News Anchor
- Time Machine
- Office Block
- TV Studio
- Fairy Tale
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Geoff Le Pard, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
(1) You have just 24 hours until midnight, today (Friday) New York time (EDT) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions should be a maximum of 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, PLEASE, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, which THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.
Leave a Reply