Welcome, flashionistas, to Microcosms 132.
This week’s contest is based on events and anniversaries that occurred on this day (20-JUL).
- 1903 – The Ford Motor Company ships its first automobile
- 1944 – World War II: Adolf Hitler survives an assassination attempt led by German Army Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg
- 1947 – Birth of Carlos Santana, Mexican-American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1960 – Sirimavo Bandaranaike is elected Prime Minister of Ceylon (now Sri Lanka): the world’s first elected female head of government
- 1969 – Apollo 11‘s crew successfully makes the first manned landing on the Moon
- 2005 – Death of James Doohan, Canadian-American actor, famous as “Scotty” in ‘Star Trek’
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are – character: Assassin, Location: Woodstock, and genre: Drama.
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
*** HEY! Remember to include which THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry – not included in the word count.
*** NO FAN-FICTION, PLEASE, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS **
- Automobile Assembler
- Rock Guitarist
- Female Politician
- Wolf’s Lair
- Lunar Lander
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Bill Engleson, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
REMEMBER: all submissions should be a maximum of 300 words in length (excluding the title).
You have just 24 hours until midnight, today (Friday) New York time (EDT) to write and submit your masterpiece.
*** If you are new to Microcosms, remember to check out the full submission guidelines. ***
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.
Leave a Reply