Greetings, flash fictionistas, and welcome to Microcosms 172. Sorry for the delay. Let me know how you feel about Saturday/Sunday. I’m down for whatever you guys prefer. It’s just been a rough week. Hopefully, we’re back on track, now! Thanks for your patience.
(1) You have just 48 hours until midnight, tomorrow (Sunday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece. Ignore the countdown clock in the sidebar this week!
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
Took a peek at history again and found some interesting things. Also wanted to include some current events. (Even though the Area 51 “raid” now happened yesterday, I’ve been waiting to use it. lol) Enjoy!
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location/setting, and genre/style.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Revolutionary; Airplane; Steampunk
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Newspaper Printer
- Telegraph Operator
- Aerobatic Pilot
- “Storming” Invaders
- Secret Military Base
- 1776 New York City Fire
- French Revolution
Judge is TBD. We’ll update this as soon as we can.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.
Leave a Reply