Hello, hello, hello! Greetings, you fabulous flash fictioneers, and welcome to Microcosms 168.
(1) You have just 48 hours until midnight, tomorrow (Saturday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
Looked at this day in history once again, but I decided to do one option for each letter of the alphabet (split among the options). I’m sure there’s a word for this, but I’ve forgotten it. Let me know if you remember!
***Also, the hosting migration has been postponed. Hoping it will occur next week.***
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Opal Miner; Moon; Drama
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Basketball Player
- Frankenstein’s Monster
- Globe Trotter
- Opal Miner
- Xylophone Player
- Independence Day
- Snowy Wasteland
- Under Water
- Yodeling Competition
- Zombie Apocalypse
- Acrostic Poem
- Letter/Journal Entry
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, David Lewis Pogson, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.
Leave a Reply