Greetings, flash fictionistas, and welcome to Microcosms 167. 🙂
(1) You have just 48 hours until midnight, tomorrow (Saturday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
Per my usual, I looked to today’s history for inspiration. There were several interesting events, births, and deaths, but one of the more notable ones to me was the passing of Elvis Presley. So, I thought it would be fun to explore some characters and locations based upon his songs, movies, and his life. So, go make yourself a peanut butter and banana sandwich and get writing. Enjoy!
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Soldier; Las Vegas; Song Lyrics
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Hound Dog
- Racecar Driver
- Las Vegas
- Song Lyrics
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Eloise, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.