Welcome back, flash-masters. For your delight and delectation, we present Microcosms 157.
(1) You have just 24 hours until midnight, today (Friday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
Another easy week for your co-curator — I could get used to this! — as our old pal, Geoff Le Pard, steps up to the plate as Guest Host. Take it away, Geoff…
On 10-JAN-1929, the first ever Tintin story – Tintin In The Land Of the Soviets – was published in Le Petit Vingtième. Ever since I discovered Tintin in Eagle magazine (circa 1960), I have loved that bequiffed boy reporter and his eccentric entourage. So I feel truly spoilt to be able to celebrate this 90th anniversary with you all.
Over the years, Tintin has visited many weird and wonderful places and encountered a spectacular range of characters on his way – what a perfect combination for a Microcosms prompt!
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Absent-minded Professor; Inca Sun Temple; Adventure
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Old Sea Dog
- Cub Reporter
- A Pair of Incompetent Detectives
- Absent-minded Professor
- Overweight Opera Singer
- Inca Sun Temple
- Pirate Ship
- The Moon
- Tibetan Monastery
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Harrietbelle, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.