Greetings, flashionistas, and welcome to Microcosms 149. If you are new to Microcosms, you are doubly welcome; but PLEASE don’t forget to read and digest ALL the information, especially that in the “Remember!” section below.
This week’s contest is based on actors/actresses who were born or who died on this day – 16-NOV.
- 1907 – Burgess Meredith, American actor: “Rocky” film series
- 1928 – Clu Gulager, American actor: “The Virginian” (1964-68)
- 1970 – Martha Plimpton, American actress: “Raising Hope” (2010-2014)
- 1977 – Maggie Gyllenhaal, American actress: “The Honourable Woman” (2014)
- 2008 – Reg Varney, English actor: “On The Buses” (1969-73)
- 2009 – Edward Woodward, English actor: “The Equaliser” (1985-89)
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements – character, location and genre – are:
Deputy Sheriff; Small Town; Crime
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
(1) You have just 24 hours until midnight, today (Friday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
- Boxing Trainer
- Deputy Sheriff
- House Cleaner
- Bus Driver
- Old West
- Small Town
- West Bank
- Bus Depot
- New York City
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Tim Hayes, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.
Leave a Reply