Greetings, my flash fictioneering friends, and welcome to Microcosms 140.
This week’s contest is based on movie and TV drama professionals, the anniversary of whose birth or death occurs on this day, 14-SEP.
- 1914 – Clayton Moore, American actor:”The Lone Ranger” (1945-51 and 1954-57)
- 1947 – Sam Neill, Northern Irish-New Zealand actor: “Jurassic Park” (1993)
- 1973 – Andrew Lincoln, English actor: “The Walking Dead” (2010 – present)
- 1982 – Grace Kelly, American actress: “To Catch a Thief” (1955)
- 2005 – Robert Wise, American director: Academy Award for “The Sound of Music” (1965)
- 2009 – Patrick Swayze, American actor and dancer: “Ghost” (1987)
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location and genre.
We spun, and our three elements are – character: Governess, Location: French Riviera, and genre: Ghost Story.
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
*** HEY! Remember to include which THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry – not included in the word count.
*** NO FAN-FICTION, PLEASE, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS **
- Masked Avenger
- Someone Waking From a Coma
- Wealthy Tourist
- Old West
- Theme Park
- French Riviera
- Music Festival
- Ghost Story
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Tim Hayes, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
REMEMBER: all submissions should be a maximum of 300 words in length (excluding the title).
You have just 24 hours until midnight, today (Friday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
*** If you are new to Microcosms, remember to check out the full submission guidelines. ***
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.