Exciting news! We’re launching our first quarterly contest. This one has a small entry fee and a bigger prize. Details below!
To enter: after checking out (anytime before the deadline), fill out the entry form.
***Form will not be available until the contest goes live. Please do not click the link until 12a PD July 1st.***
- •Judge’s Pick wins $100 (USD). This is a new contest – a microcosmic experiment, if you will. If we get more entries than expected, we may add additional prizes and/or increase the main prize amount. But this is the minimum guaranteed prize.
- •Single entry fee is $5 (USD). Social media share discounts and multiple entry discounts may be available. Entries include commemorative ticket download (PDF and PNG). You do not need to do anything with these tickets. They are just for fun!
- •Optional feedback is also available for purchase.
- •Judge: KM Zafari. (If the number of entries somehow necessitate additional judges, we may add more.)
- •Finalists are expected to be announced by 31 October 2023 and the winner is expected to be announced by 30 November 2023. Changes to these dates, if needed, will be communicated on this page.
Entries must adhere to the following rules:
- •Submissions are open from 1 July 2023 – 30 September 2023, midnight to midnight, PT. Entries must be received within this timeframe. Current time is in the sidebar over yonder. –>
- •Entries may be purchased in advance (starting now), and entries need not be submitted the same day. There is no limit to the number of entries per person. The PayPal Transaction ID, provided in the order receipt email from PayPal, will be requested on the entry form.
- •Word Count: 90-110
- •Story must include the required elements. Details will be provided on the entry post when the contest goes live on 1 July 2023. (No peeking!)
- •Story must be submitted as a .docx file and must not include any identifiable information. Entries should include title, word count, elements, and the story only.
- •We reserve the right to disqualify any entry or entrant for any reason, at our sole discretion. (If you want to use your story as a platform to promote racism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, ableism, antisemitism, etc., this is not the contest for you.)
- •Decisions of judge(s) are final.
Refunds may be requested for unused tickets (no submission), less a small “restocking fee” to cover charges from payment processor. Request must be received by contest entry deadline. No partial refunds (e.g., you buy a three pack but only submit one or two entries). No refunds will be given for disqualified entries or entrants – no exceptions.
Choose Your Options
Click each for details.
Get $1 Off
Share our contest on social media then fill out the form below to receive the discount.
1. Post on one of the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, or Spoutible. (Please make sure your post is public.)
Suggested message (okay to edit as long as the URL remains unchanged):
I'll be participating in the @microcosmsfic 100-Word Microfiction Contest (Summer 2023) - MC 100micro1. Come join me! https://microcosmsfic.com/100micro1
On Twitter? If you’re logged in, just click this button to prefill the tweet. (You can edit before tweeting.)I'll be participating in the @microcosmsfic 100-Word Microfiction Contest (Summer 2023) - MC 100micro1. Come join me! Click To Tweet
2. Copy the Post’s URL
Click the tab for instructions on how to find the URL for each type of social media post type.
Click on the share icon beneath the tweet, then select “Copy link to tweet”.
Right click on the timestamp and select “Copy link address”.
Click the three-dot menu in the upper-right-hand corner, then select “Copy Link”.
3. Fill Out and Submit the Social Media Discount Form
Once the form is submitted, you will be able to add your entry choice at a discount.*
*Are there ways to cheat this? Yes, of course. But please don’t. We are a small contest, and we appreciate your support. (If the entry fees are prohibitive for you, please contact us and we’ll work something out.)