Greetings, flash fiction friends, and welcome to Microcosms 169! Woo hoo!
(1) You have just 48 hours until midnight, tomorrow (Saturday) New York time (EST) to write and submit your masterpiece.
(2) All submissions must be no more than 300 words in length (excluding the title)
(3) NO FAN-FICTION, please, and NO USE of COPYRIGHT CHARACTERS
(4) Include: word count, the THREE elements you’re using AND a title for your entry
(5) Do NOT give details of your entry on social media, your blog, etc. until the Results post is live
(6) If you are new to Microcosms, PLEASE check out the full submission guidelines
Takinig inspiration from history once again, as well as included some wildcards. There are tons to choose from this time. Let’s see what you do!
***Also! You should now see a small “edit” button next to the timestamp which, if all goes as planned, will allow you to edit your entry. This is a new feature, so please let me know if it works as planned!***
(If YOU have an idea for a future contest and would like to be a guest host, please contact us.)
Our contest this week begins with THREE things: character, location/setting, and genre/style.
We spun, and our three elements are:
Revolutionary Fighter; Italy; Action
Write a story using those OR feel free to click on the “Spin!” button below, and the slot machine will come up with a new set – character, location and genre. You can keep clicking until you have a set of elements that inspires you.
- Suicidal Queen
- Revolutionary Fighter
- Lab Creation
- Native American
- Race Car Driver
- Jury Member
- Civil Rights Leader
- TV Host
- Movie Director
- Ancient Egypt
- A “New World”
- Science Lab
- Space/Another Planet
- Early America (US)
- World War I
- Film Festival/Theater
- Eiffel Tower
- Deep Ocean
- Blog Post
Last week’s Judge’s Pick, Janelle Carson, has kindly agreed to act as the judge this time around.
All being well, results will be posted next Monday.